987 Boxster Roof

Welcome Forums Boxster / Cayman Forum 987 Boxster Roof

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Larry F 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

fdo
    Participant

Convertible roof does not close in the channel; Anyone know where I can get this issue fixed in the Toronto GTA? See picture attached. Thanks.

Attachments:
    jesteves
    jesteves
    Participant

Try Henry at Refined Automotive at 2773 Dufferin st. He is a PCA recommended shop as well as a guest speaker in an upcoming social.

Brian Sullivan
    Brian Sullivan
    Participant

My understanding is that this is a common and easily fixed problem. There is an elastic strap used to guide the top that stretches with age that might need to be replaced or adjusted.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1437122 has a discussion that might be useful.

Larry F
    Participant

My Boxster suffers from the same issue. There are fabric/elastics used that can stretch with age. I have been meaning to fix mine (other priorities seem to keep coming up), but in the meantime cope by closing the roof to about 6″ open, then tucking in the edge before closing all the way. The car has much less wind noise with the roof tucked in properly, who would have known 1/8″ could make that much difference.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.