Broken odometer gear

Welcome Forums Air Cooled 911 Forum Broken odometer gear

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

The odometer gear has stopped functioning a short while ago, in my ’80 SC. A common problem so I’ve read. A number of places offer replacement gears, but my concern is properly documenting a home repair of the speedo, without raising the question in future, that the speedo/mileage has been tampered with.

Any suggestions, other than shipping it out to a shop?

Thanks.

Douglas Bradshaw
    Douglas Bradshaw
    Participant

Hi Odie

just saw your post- kinda late.
    Go to odometergears.com they sell a replacement better then OE and ships in a couple of days
    They have a video to walk you through the replacement.
    I did it – took me about an hour
    Cheers,
    Doug Bradshaw

Derek
    Participant

This was timely for me, for my ’83 SC – got the part from odometergears.com and followed the instructions – worked! Thanks for the tip, very helpful. And, I was able to manually run the mileage forward to account for the distance I drove the car while it was not working!

Thx, Derek

Anonymous

Sorry for the late thanks Douglas, I don’t log in often, and when I tried, I forgot my password, so had to re-register.

I bookmarked the link you sent, and pulled the speedo to see what kind of job it might be, opening it up.

Thanks again, and I’ll post how I make out with the project.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.