Fire Extinguisher

Welcome Forums Boxster / Cayman Forum Fire Extinguisher

This topic contains 19 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Larry F 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Brian Sullivan
    Brian Sullivan
    Participant

Someone once told me the extinguisher is more for a fire in someone else’s car, not your own.

I suspect that the “must be able to access extinguisher with your belts on” is either not a rule or is not really enforced.

Wild Weasel
    Wild Weasel
    Participant

I was gonna suggest the same thing Wayne said. If my car is on fire, my first priority is not going to be reaching the extinguisher. I’m gonna deal with extracting me from the car first.

Then I expect 10 other people with their little extinguishers to show up. 🙂

Larry F
    Participant

Brian, with respect to the Mantis bracket, did you mount it angle up or angle down? I have not had a good look at it yet, but had always assumed it was straight. I picked one up yesterday, along with the fire extinguisher and figure it is a good nice day project.in the near future. With respect to the bracket, I am happy it is painted (although it does not appear to be powder coated), but was surprised at the welds. Not how I would have done it up, but probably serviceable.

Brian Sullivan
    Brian Sullivan
    Participant

I mounted it angle up. Never even considered the other way — not sure it would fit. Getting the floor mat out with the angle up is not real easy so the other way would pin it down completely I think.

Larry F
    Participant

I ended up angle down. And you are right, it is extremely difficult to get the mats out, and even worse to get them in. Basically I had to pull up on the bracket to create enough clearance to get the mat off the Velcro.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.