One Month to Go

Welcome Forums General Forum One Month to Go

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by andy wright andy wright 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Larry F
    Participant

Hard to believe with the cold and snow on the ground, but my IDS is one month away today! What changes a month can (hopefully) bring.

andy wright
    andy wright
    Participant

On behalf of the Instructors who in past IDS’s have endured severe wind-chills and sideways snow or rain, we hope for sunny skies and 18deg.C, BUT for the participants, it is much more fun (and educational) when it is wet and slippery!

As I did 24 years ago, you will likely learn more about driving skills in one day than in all your previous experiences behind the wheel. Look forward to seeing you there Larry.

Larry F
    Participant

I plan on taking the Boxster. but a backup plan if the weather is too ridiculous to drive it there is the Macan. I plan on doing DE in the Boxster, but at some point might want a day in the Macan jsut to see what it’s like.

andy wright
    andy wright
    Participant

Bring the Boxster. I doubt the weather will be that bad and you will learn far more in the Boxster than the Macan with its AWD and other driver aids.

Larry F
    Participant

While I enjoy driving the Macan, I LOVE driving the Boxster. Fewer nannies, and more fun. I wholeheartedly agree I would learn more, and have more fun. The only thing that would tip my hand to the Macan would be significant snow or ice accumulations on the road, which don’t mix well with summer tires.

I am really looking forward to this!

andy wright
    andy wright
    Participant

If there is significant snow and ice, we would probably have to cancel the IDS. Once the snow reaches the instructors waists they get a little testy about standing around for too long 🙂

Wild Weasel
    Wild Weasel
    Participant

I’ll never forget mine. It wasn’t exactly warm… but I did it all with the roof down. 😀

Larry F
    Participant

Did it today, in the Boxster. Sunny before arrival, clear after we left, but it rained most of the while we were on the track and I managed not to run Andy down, which was a good thing! Doing it in the rain made it easier to slide, but gave a great lesson on just how much traction there is on these cars. Doing the skid pad, then the accident avoidance followed by the track was an excellent order for those of us who managed to get it, and everything learned came together on the track. I have been on a track before, but never with the throttle control I managed today.

To all the instructors, a hearty THANKS!

andy wright
    andy wright
    Participant

Your ‘avoidance’ of me Larry was very much appreciated 🙂
    I have almost dried out from the soaking!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.