Parts Supplier for my 1986 911 Carrera

Welcome Forums Air Cooled 911 Forum Parts Supplier for my 1986 911 Carrera

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  JHouse 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

JHouse
    Participant

Can anybody recommend a parts supplier in Southern Ontario where I can buy parts for my 1986 911. I have checked out Pelican Parts, but it is in U.S. dollars, and must be imported. I’m looking for a sun roof switch.

Anonymous

I have bought a lot of parts from the US. The dollar is killing the savings. Sometimes it is worth going to the dealer for convenience, and the cost may not be that bad.

b.ing
    Participant

I agree with the dealership route. I have an 87 944S and just bought an 83 911 and the dealer stocks almost everything I have ever needed for both cars, and if its not in stock, I have never waited mare than 2-3 days for them to order it

Bill

JHouse
    Participant

Thanks for the replies. I am down in Niagara Region. Which dealership do you use for your 83 911? I think the closest for me is Oakville.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  JHouse.

b.ing
    Participant

Downtown porsche is who I’ve been buying parts from, I ‘m in mid town Toronto, but if if look on the inside back cover of the current Provinz, Oakville Porsche has an ad there talking about their Classic Car program.

Good Luck.
    Bill

JHouse
    Participant

Thanks Bill. I called the Porsche Centre in Oakville yesterday and found that they can get what I need in about 4 business days. I was able to get an email address where I am going to send a list of items that I would like to replace and they will provide me with a cost of each. I can then decide what I want to order and then make one trip to pick everything up. I wasn’t aware of their program for the 2000 models and older until I looked at Provinz, but I can say that the individual that I spoke to was great in assisting me with finding what I was looking for. I also must say that their pricing was very reasonable.

John

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  JHouse.

Mark Solomon
    Participant

Try Randy at Whaletail – out in Waterloo near St Jacobs.
    Parts are always fairly priced new and used and he has lots of used stuff on his property. I also use the dealership when the prices are good – sometimes it is hit and miss because some prices are just insane from the dealer.
    Good luck and give me a call if you need more info – 416 903 6366

andy wright
    andy wright
    Participant

I have had great service from AutoPartsWay Canada, although I don’t see a Sunroof Switch listed:
    http://www.autopartsway.ca/category.cfm?porsche/1986/911/carrera/3.2l-h6/allb/allct/allsct

You may also want to check with Auguste Lecourt at Auguste Automobiles in St. Catharines 905-682-4242. Auguste often has good used replacements and if not can order a new one from the dealer for you.

JHouse
    Participant

Thanks for the input Mark Solomon and Andy Wright. I found that the best source was the Porsche dealer in Oakville. I would email them a list of items and they would have them within 3-4 business days. Prices were very fair.
    However my current search is a replacement for my classic 911, since it was destroyed in a head on collision when the other driver turned directly in front of me.

andy wright
    andy wright
    Participant

Really sorry to hear that. I hope you and whoever else was in the 911 are OK.
    Are you looking for a similar year/model as you had, or something different?
    If I hear of anything I’ll certainly pass the info on.

JHouse
    Participant

Thanks Andy. I was by myself. Thanks to the integrity of these cars, I am here to reply to your post.
    Yes, I am most definitely interested in a 1985-1989 911 again. I would appreciate any leads for a possible replacement. This happened in June and as a result I have been without a ride since, and had to cancel 2 fun runs that I had registered to participate in.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.