PDK Steering wheel upgrade

Welcome Forums Water cooled 911 Forum PDK Steering wheel upgrade

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Christopher.Baldwin 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

McKenziel
    Participant

I am a relatively new ‘Porscheophile”, having owned my 2009 C2 for less than a year, and although I am really enjoying the car, I am finding the PDK switches on the steering wheel to be a real annoyance. The problem for me is exacerbated by the fact that my daily driver, an Audi A3 3.2L Quattro also has a dual clutch setup, with “proper” shift paddles to which I have become addicted.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone has performed an upgrade to either the OEM or aftermarket sports wheel with the paddles before deciding if my opening foray into the bottomless Porsche modification pit should be replacing said wheel.

Any thoughts?

sir5n
    sir5n
    Participant

I completely get it. That was my biggest concern as I continually hit the thumb buttons in a test drive when I cornered. Mine came with the sport wheel and wouldn’t have it any other way.

Didn’t go through an upgrade but support your going there.

Christopher.Baldwin
    Participant

McKenziel – I also own a 997.2 C4S 2010 model and would like to change the paddle setup to what the sports wheel has without the cost of changing the steering wheel to the OEM one. The closest I have found is the Techart after market mod that fits onto your existing wheel but removes the existing paddles. It looks very nice but is still costly.

Chris

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.