Release toggle for front hood on 997

Welcome Forums Tech Forum Release toggle for front hood on 997

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Spitfire 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Stevie33
    Participant

Anyone know if the release toggle located on the driver’s rocker panel is related to a particular fuse and if so what specific fuse that might be? I lost functionality of that release the other day and yet I can still release the hood using the key fob. Also, the toggle to open the engine lid is still operational so I’m curious as to what has happened. Any ideas will be appreciated.

robpogue
    robpogue
    Participant

Sounds like you need to replace the set of switches. The switch to the hood release needs replacing. You can find them on Ebay. Search for ‘997 Porsche 911 Switch Assembly’

Stevie33
    Participant

Ok thanks for your suggestion Rob, much appreciated.

Spitfire
    Participant

Stevie, Rob, had the same problem on my Boxster. What makes an individual toggle non-functional is that a small plastic pimple serving as a pivot point for that individual toggle has broken off.
    You can still operate that toggle by holding down the back of the toggle with your thump and the pulling lightly on the front with your finger.

Give it a try.

…..Helmuth

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.