Reply To: 3M Paint Protection Film

Club News Forums General Forum 3M Paint Protection Film Reply To: 3M Paint Protection Film

blotto649
Participant

As with any service like this, there are good and bad installers, and pros and cons to the actual application. I’m no authority, but here are my thoughts…

– dealerships will not do the work themselves, they’ll merely farm it out to a collision centre or tint supplier that they deal with, so you’re better off going straight to the source for the best price.
– depending on the type of film, they can yellow with sun exposure and change the hue of the paint colour compared to panels that don’t have the film – especially problematic on light coloured vehicles (I have a white BMW with this applied and the difference is very noticeable)
– you treat the film just like paint, so no special cleaners required and you can wax the same as paint
– heavily contoured pieces are the hardest to do well ie. bumpers with dramatic curves, air intakes, etc. Something like a hood is really easy

I recommend searching online – trimlineinc.ca and advancedmobilegroup.net both work with many exotics and come highly rated.