Reply To: Looking for deal/info on (2000 Boxster) headlight assemblies and wheel caps.

Club News Forums General Forum Looking for deal/info on (2000 Boxster) headlight assemblies and wheel caps. Reply To: Looking for deal/info on (2000 Boxster) headlight assemblies and wheel caps.

Bert
Participant

Hi Steve
I bought my plastic black concave center caps ($36.99) from E bay seller, Gemini-100. The factory originals are the most durable, the ones with the two little holes for pulling them off. The color emblem set I bought to replaced the factory silver with black logo, did have a small issue. The inside metal cup that connects to the cap was a bit loose on some of the caps. I secured them with some epoxy before I snapped them in, and they worked fine for years. My latest 993 had the same aftermarket caps ( black with a silver / black crest) but they have no looseness issue at all. I still have this set. I replaced then with the black concave, larger color crest ones. they look so good with the black turbo twist wheels. The 3D color crest is thin metal with a very sticky adhesive on the back similar to the engraving metal plates that are stuck onto many trophies. If you do buy these you should check to see that the adhesive is firmly pressed down. one of mine was not pressed tight. I will check them again before I start to drive this spring. I imagine that the warm weather will dry out the adhesive when the sun hits it. I would be careful then cleaning the wheels center caps and no power washers on them. I have a 993 so I can’t help you with the lights.
Best of Luck Bert