2018 Registration for IDS & DE

Welcome Forums General Forum 2018 Registration for IDS & DE

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by drae drae 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    andy wright
    andy wright
    Participant

Our Registration for the 2018 season opens 00:01 on Monday January 1st (IT willing!).

If you are a newcomer to our programme, you will need to register for one of our two IDS (Introductory Driving School) dates in April as this is a prerequisite for the track based Driver-Education weekends. You can however still book DE weekend dates, but your registration will be “Pending” until you have attended the IDS. If you wait until after the IDS to book a DE date you will probably find they are fully booked – our programme is very popular.

The IDS is not only for potential Trackies however, we encourage all Members and their Associate Members to sign up. I guarantee you will come away a better and safer driver, even if your P-Car driving is only on public roads.

We try very hard to accommodate everybody, but registration is on a first-come, first served basis, so book early. If something comes up and you cannot make a weekend, you are allowed to cancel with full refund up to 15 days prior to the event. Please read all the information in our Driver Education pages of the website for general enlightenment and guidance regarding the DE programme.

Happy New Year to all and I look forward to seeing you trackside.

Andy Wright
    Chief Instructor

Wild Weasel
    Wild Weasel
    Participant

I got ambitious and signed up for the two Advanced Solo Lapping Friday events. 🙂

Just cancelled them… heh. I think I may not have been operating at full mental capacity when signing up and mis-read the descriptions. 🙂

andy wright
    andy wright
    Participant

Registering early on January 1st after the New Years Eve partying has been known to cause errors in digital dexterity and optical comprehension 🙂

Happy New Year everybody.

drae
    drae
    Participant

Thank you, I’ve signed up for IDS and a July DE day!

One question, is it possible to have a friend sign up for IDS who is not a Porsche owner or PCA member? I thought this was possible at one point in time to buy a temporary PCA membership for this sort of thing.

andy wright
    andy wright
    Participant

Hi drae,
    For insurance purposes you have to be a Member or Associate Member of PCA to participate in our IDS or DE events. I am not aware of any Temporary PCA Membership scheme. Your friend can always join PCA (it’s only $46US) and then register for the IDS events. Better still tell him/her it is high time they owned a Porsche!
    Andy

drae
    drae
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Yah, he’s well aware that he needs a Porsche! I keep reminding him… 🙂

I thought you needed to have a Porsche VIN to be a PCA member? If that’s not the case? So he would be welcome to bring his BMW to IDS?

Cheers!
    David

Wild Weasel
    Wild Weasel
    Participant

You do need a VIN to be a member. There’s a “Test Drive” membership for non-Porsche owners but it’s not a full membership and doesn’t even associate you with the region.

https://www.pca.org/pca-test-drive

I can definitively answer the second question. He’ll be more than welcome to bring his BMW to IDS if he’s a member.

Are you actually using your associate membership fro a spouse or anything? If not, set him up as your associate member and you’re good to go.

andy wright
    andy wright
    Participant

Hi David,

What W-W has said above is true, although I admit I was not aware of the membership “Test Drive”.
    We have accommodated everything from Toyota Minivans to GT3-RS’s at the IDS and as noted above it is not just for potential Trackies.

Andy

drae
    drae
    Participant

Thank you for that guys… looking forward to getting out there this April! I’ll look into the associate membership for him.

cheers!
    David

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.