914 enthusiasts are out there

Club News Forums 914/924/928/944/968 Forum 914 enthusiasts are out there

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    John Tipper
    Participant

Anything going on with SIG914? Are there other teener owners out there interested in a teener only gathering/drive? Sorry, just frustrated that I’ve heard nothing from the group since requesting to join it April 14th. Interested in members helping members with their projects (not polishing) and driving these things. Right off the bat I can think of two guys we need to help get their cars on the road. Anyone interested in socializing beyond a coffee shop with enthusiasts hanging out to share their expertise, get their hands dirty and doing some backroads? Hit me up if you like to wrench and drive. I’m South of Brantford with 15 of these little buggers. We can still do cars and coffee?

Attachments:
    rogerstopford
    Participant

Hi, Your description is good for a SIG – all about owners of a specific model connecting to share information and help maintain and restore these great cars. I have led the 944/968 SIG for a while, and am the general co-ordinator for SIGs-in-general. I see your email from April 14 in the sig914 inbox and I will reply to you from there. I think these UCR forums are pretty unused.

John Tipper
    Participant

Happy to say that SIG914 is starting to roll. If you are a 914 owner please see us at the picnic or email me to join the conversation. A registry of members’ cars and their contact information is provided to all SIG914 participants. Stay connected in our email group to share and receive updates of 914 events – join SIG914! Members will be doing a group photo at the picnic to include in a birthday card to send best wishes to Jacques Duval on celebrating his 85th birthday June 21st.

John Tipper
    Participant

The following is SIG914 email content. Please join to receive the feed.
    Beyond Cars & Coffee / Cruise Night type events there are these vintage festivals to consider. Please chime in if any of these interest you:
    VARAC Vintage Grand Prix, CTMP on Father’s Day to join the “field of dreams” car show and possibly lead parade laps of this iconic track (could include spectating Saturday and camping)
    Pittsburg Vintage July 20-21? A message has been sent to PCA Allegheny to see if their very active membership has anything planned for the 914. They have a huge presence at the festival. I’ll keep you updated. Porsche will be the featured marque in 2021. The festival at Schenley Park is free for spectators but $ registration is required if you want to show your vehicle and participate in PCA events.
    Brits (and friends) on the Lake, Port Perry August 18th $25 to show
    Watkins Glen Grand Prix Festival September 6 – Triumph is the featured marque but a 914 invasion would be cool. If you’ve never been, the free festival in town is the bomb, even if you don’t attend the track event which costs$. For those that can tolerate camping, it is available at the track for those purchasing race event tickets and the nearby KOA is top notch with a huge indoor pool and nice cabins available. Hotel options exist from budget to luxury. I’m a budget guy so I have more money for cars.?
    CTMP Celebration of Motorsport event October 5-6 (free tickets at CASC includes camping) for spectating, parade laps and camping shenanigans Saturday night. This could be the basis for our Oktoberfest celebration. Restoration Design has yet to advertise the date of their open house which may present a conflict if we’d like to be there.
    Please share some feedback with the group! If this is not your thing, that’s okay – but please let me know.

John Tipper
    Participant

If you’re a 914 owner/enthusiast you have to join SIG 914! We’ve just come off the 914 50th at the CanAm Challenge and it was a huge success! See our thread at 914World here: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=338761
    More meet ups yet to come so please join today!
    – John Tipper

Attachments:
    StefanU
    Participant

You have 15 914s? I’d be interested to drop by and chat . I’ll try emailing your SIG

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.