Boxster S vs F-Type S

Welcome Forums Boxster / Cayman Forum Boxster S vs F-Type S

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Wild Weasel Wild Weasel 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Giller
    Giller
    Participant

Hey folks. Wondering if anyone has experience with the F-Type Jag? I have a 987.2 and thinking of moving into a 981, but with an open mind, I am also considering the F-Type and wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the two, or maybe even has some ownership experience to share about the F-Type. Both would be a few years old, probably 2014 and hopefully S models. Thanks for any input. Cheers!

jesteves
    jesteves
    Participant

hello
    lots of you tube videos comparing the 981 and the f type. 981 almost always comes up on top.
    Porsche. There is no substitute.

regards,
    john esteves

Wild Weasel
    Wild Weasel
    Participant

When I decided I wanted a roadster, the 981 and F-Type were both on my short list.

Now, the reason I dropped the F-Type was because, at the time, there was no manual transmission option available. Now there is, so that’s not so relevant.

That aside though, I feel like I really dodged a bullet on that one. Firstly, my Boxster was amazing in every way as a roadster. On the roads, it was sublime, and it had enough space in it to pack for a weekend for myself, my wife, and our dog. That car never failed to impress me and I still miss it.

More than that though, the Porsche community has been amazing and the Boxster held it’s own on the track beyond all expectations. I can’t imagine the F-Type, being softer and heavier and more of a little touring car, would have given the same experience or had the same enthusiast community.

Jaguar ownership would have been fleeting until I moved on to the next thing.

Porsche ownership seems like it’ll be a lifelong adventure.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.