Brake Pad Change

Club News Forums 996 Forum Brake Pad Change

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mike Lemmon
    Participant

Hi All.. 996 Owners…
    As I’m finding myself with time on my hands and not as much $$$ in my pocket, I was thinking of attempting my own Brake Pad change.

As my current track oriented pads have come to their end of life and are disturbing the neighborhood when I’m stopping, I’m thinking I need to change the pads. As the rotors are fresh, I’m hoping just pads needed for now.

As the estimate from the shop for street pad replacement is approx $1k, I thought I would explore doing it myself. As I’m looking to do track days in the future, I’m thinking this is something that would be great to be able to do it on my own.

My question is.. is this something I should consider .. I have some experience turning wrenches and an ok setup garage.
    Do you have any suggested reading .. videos ..etc for doing this, just to make sure I do not miss anything particular to this car?

What Pads have you used that give at least decent stopping power on the track and not toooo much squeal on the street?…where do you source yours?

Anyone looking to .. train this apprentice??? .. I will provide … ???

Thanks for any insights you can provide.

BTW… Thanks to Chris for organizing the SIG…

Dan
    Participant

My thoughts would be to check out the auto amateur on youtube. He had a 996 a year or so ago and he did his brakes. Check out the link.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDciilDn7-v5fyzvOe6WFlQ

It doesn’t look like that tough of a job. I’d probably tackle it myself when i need to get mine done…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.