Welcome to the new design of PCA UCR. It's still in progress so please be patient with any errors and omissions!

Broken odometer gear

Home Forums Air Cooled 911 Forum Broken odometer gear

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

The odometer gear has stopped functioning a short while ago, in my ’80 SC. A common problem so I’ve read. A number of places offer replacement gears, but my concern is properly documenting a home repair of the speedo, without raising the question in future, that the speedo/mileage has been tampered with.

Any suggestions, other than shipping it out to a shop?

Thanks.

Participant

Hi Odie

just saw your post- kinda late.
    Go to odometergears.com they sell a replacement better then OE and ships in a couple of days
    They have a video to walk you through the replacement.
    I did it – took me about an hour
    Cheers,
    Doug Bradshaw

Participant

This was timely for me, for my ’83 SC – got the part from odometergears.com and followed the instructions – worked! Thanks for the tip, very helpful. And, I was able to manually run the mileage forward to account for the distance I drove the car while it was not working!

Thx, Derek

Sorry for the late thanks Douglas, I don’t log in often, and when I tried, I forgot my password, so had to re-register.

I bookmarked the link you sent, and pulled the speedo to see what kind of job it might be, opening it up.

Thanks again, and I’ll post how I make out with the project.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.