DE – Local Accommodations or Commute?

Club News Forums General Forum DE – Local Accommodations or Commute?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Larry Funnell
    Participant

I am planning my first DE in August, and am lining up everything needed. I was wondering of those who have done DE before, is it better to find local accommodations, or okay to commute from the western end of the GTA?

John Adam
    Participant

We live in Mississauga and treat DE as a weekend away and have done so for decades. Others prefer to save money on accommodation and meals but live with an early daily awakening for an 07:30 arrival at the track.

The choice is yours.

The college dormitory facility in Oshawa is $80/night and has two bedrooms. Split the cost with a buddy and you are all set with a great deal. You can’t beat the price.

bdonally
    Participant

If you decide not to commute, and if you are interested in Durham College, I have a two bedroom suite booked for Friday and Saturday nights, with one of the bedrooms free ( well, not free but unoccupied) $40/night.
    There are a bunch of us staying there; we usually find somewhere for dinner Sat night.

Durham is about 25 minutes from the track, which considerably eases the morning time pressure.

When I lived in Etobicoke, I found the drive home at the end of Saturday to be a drag.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.