DE "Numbers"

Club News Forums General Forum DE "Numbers"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Brian Sullivan
    Participant

A quick question regarding numbers assigned for DE events:

Are numbers more or less permanently assigned to the member– or could they change with every event?

John Adam
    Participant

Your car number is yours to keep. Other Regions will assign you a different number. After about three years if dis-use, your number will be recycled.

Brian Sullivan
    Participant

Just to confirm — the numbers are meant to be on the side of the car (not the front and back)?

andy wright
    Participant

Yes, the numbers go on the sides (Door or rear side window) of the car.

Brian Sullivan
    Participant

Thx.

Squadguy
    Participant

I’ve just completed the IDS, and am registered for the June DE (my first), but I’m a bit ignorant of the numbering process.
    To the best of my knowledge, I haven’t been assigned a number. Is this done at my first event when I get a logbook? Do I just tape a number to my backseat window?

I’ve read the drivers handbook I was given at IDS, but other than being 6 inches high, I don’t recall reading anything regarding being given a number.

Have I missed something, perhaps enclosed in an e-mail?

Thanks in advance;

Squadguy
    Participant

I should add that the “Car Number” line on my confirmation e-mail was blank.
    My Run Group is listed as “skidpad”.
    I’m not clear what that means. Can I assume that I must complete some other qualification to be assigned a number?

Brian Sullivan
    Participant

I got two confirmation emails — a few weeks apart for the event in May that I attended. Both indicated my run group as “Green” – the first had no number indicated, the second assigned me a number. I had numbers done in magnetic material for the doors of the car (I managed to lose one of the numbers during running the second day).

I hope to attend a later event this year so I have sourced a magnetic sheet to make a new number. Staples has printable magnetic sheets that can be used to make numbers. I saw others with just taped numbers so you should be able to do it the last minute.

Squadguy
    Participant

Thanks Brian. I just have one confirmation email so far, but with only 20 days left, I’m hoping I receive another one. I’ll keep a lookout for it.

Thanks for the info regarding sourcing magnetic material!

andy wright
    Participant

I would not wait any longer for a confirmation e-mail. Contact the DE Registrar to confirm your registration and find out what your car number should be. Everything might be fine, but it is always worth checking to be sure.

Brian Sullivan
    Participant

Squadguy: did you get this straightened out?

Squadguy
    Participant

Not yet, unfortunately.

I’ve waited patiently for that second e-mail containing a number, but that hasn’t materialized. I just sent a note off to DO asking if I’ve missed something. Hopefully I haven’t fallen through the cracks somewhere, but I have my initial confirmation e-mail, and I copied info from it in my message to him.

In the meantime, I’ll get out and purchase a magnetic sheet so I’m ready to print.
    If all else fails some orange duct tape might do the trick.

Thanks to all for your help and great ideas.

Brian Sullivan
    Participant

Has your credit card been charged? For me that happened about 2 weeks before the event.

Wild Weasel
    Participant

Don’t buy duct tape. 🙂

Get some exterior painter’s tape. That’ll do the trick just fine and won’t leave a nightmare of residue on your car afterward.

Graham Jardine
    Participant

If you are not sure, you should contact the DE Registrar; you will get a more authoritative answer than posting in this forum.

There is a link to contact her in the Track Team section of the About PCA/UCR\Contact Us page of this website.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.