DE Tech Inspections

Club News Forums General Forum DE Tech Inspections

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Rod Nagy
    Participant

I believe the SA helmet for multiple impacts is for bonking your noodle on a full cage roll bar over and over again. Same reason you should never not wear a helmet with a full cage.

Smith100
    Participant

Andy, thank you for your response, however I am finding this process difficult given I am not getting a response from Paul to my email. At this point I an having the inspection done by my shop because the car is in for service anyway. I guess if there is no response I will be struck doing the inspection twice.

andy wright
    Participant

Provided you use our UCR DE Inspection Form (downloadable from our website) and your shop is a facility licensed in whatever Province/State you reside in, there should be no problem. Ultimately, the responsibility for bringing a safe, reliable vehicle to the DE event is yours and yours alone. If anybody at the track questions this, refer them to me.

Smith100
    Participant

Thank you Andy, I appreciate your help and advise

DaveOsborne
    Participant

I just noticed the Fire Extinguisher conversation and there is a small discrepancy.
    Our rules state that your Fire Extinguisher must be a 2.5 lb bottle with metal to metal mount.
    The cute little can that Porsche has come up with does not meet our standards for track safety and will not pass Tech.

Wild Weasel
    Participant

It’s worth mentioning here that we’ve been told there is an exception on the fire extinguisher requirement for your first event.

Smith100
    Participant

I had the 2.5lb and bracket installed. Picked them up from SCB. Great guys.

paulneto
    Participant

Will – I’ve reached out to your centre to go through the approval process to get them on the list. All’s good.

Smith100
    Participant

Thanks Paul, I appreciate all your help.

Brian Sullivan
    Participant

“It’s worth mentioning here that we’ve been told there is an exception on the fire extinguisher requirement for your first event.”

Is this still true? Can anyone confirm?

andy wright
    Participant

Yes, this is still true.
    The reasoning behind this- yes, we do actually think about such matters 🙂 – is that for somebody that has not yet decided if the DE Programme is right for them, this saves the cost of purchasing and installing the Fire Extinguisher for what may only be one weekend. However, since most people are ‘hooked’ after the first day, you are likely only postponing the inevitable cost.
    No such allowance is made for Safety Helmets or DE Safety inspections though.

Brian Sullivan
    Participant

Ok thanks.

paulneto
    Participant

Correct. Inspections must be done by an approved centre. Each centre goes through an approval process to ensure minimum requirements are met.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.