exhaust smell in cabin

Welcome Forums Tech Forum exhaust smell in cabin

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by andy wright andy wright 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jesteves
    jesteves
    Participant

Anyone ever experience exhaust smell inside the cabin; specifically a 987.2 cayman s? The exhaust smell began to occur after i installed new sports exhaust and new 200 cell cat headers. I have tested for leaks and nothing shows up. Any suggestions to why i’m getting the smell in the cabin?

thanks.

john

andy wright
    andy wright
    Participant

Hi John,
    Is the smell present when you are moving of stopped, or all the time?
    If there really are no leaks anywhere (headers to engine?), then the only other thought that comes to mind is that the new exhaust flow exits in some way that the aerodynamics are pulling the gases forward into the cabin. Unlikely I know, but I have experienced that with some cars.
    Andy

jesteves
    jesteves
    Participant

hi Andy
    thanks for the reply. the smell comes in when moving. i agree that the positioning of the exhaust/tail pipes may be the cause for the exhaust to flow back into the cabin. Should i lengthen the tail pipe or perhaps shorten the tail pipe so the under body air flow pushes the exhaust fumes out?

thanks
    john

andy wright
    andy wright
    Participant

Hi John, I’m not sure there is any easy answer to that without the use of a wind tunnel, but you could try a temporary lengthening of the pipe to see if it makes any difference. Far easier that shortening pipes.
    Andy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.