Feb Track Talk Correction

Club News Forums General Forum Feb Track Talk Correction

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    DaveOsborne
    Participant

For those of you who own the GT3, 2 and Turbos you may have noticed that I mentioned a plastic coolant fitting that often fails. Unfortunately the first picture I saw of one of those fittings was taken in low light and the hose had been snipped against the housing, making it appear to be black plastic. It was a pretty lousy picture. Stephen has since sent me some great pics that clearly show the metal sleeves that tend to pop out over time.

We find ourselves in an awkward spot where we can’t take on the task of notifying the owners of the failure prone cars as that would make us responsible for anyone we missed. Our solution is that the fitting issue will appear on the newest Tech Form soon. It will require that the Tech Centre visibly check that either the fittings have been repaired by welding/pinning or that the car only contains water/waterwetter for track use.

Please keep in mind that there are several fittings that need to be addressed and that our concern is always for everyone’s safety.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.