IDS DE sign up costs?

Club News Forums General Forum IDS DE sign up costs?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Dave Taddeo
    Participant

I’m going through the sign up process for IDS DE through reg.pcaucr.org. It’s asking for credit card info but there’s no indication of how much I’m being charged and what I’m being charged for.
    Can someone let me know what to expect?
    Thank you.

Brian Sullivan
    Participant

The DE site has the cost listed – $350 (at least when I view it). If it is similar to signing up for other DE events the credit card is kept on file and the amount is charged 2 weeks before the event unless you cancel.

Dave Taddeo
    Participant

Thanks.
    I think I realized, from your response, as a new registrant to the site it just keeps my credit card info on file so that when I do sign up for events (like IDS) it will just use it to charge the fees.

Brian Sullivan
    Participant

Yes that is the way it normally works. – have you signed up for any other DE events? I encourage you to do so. But I must caution — driving fast on the race track is an addiction. 😉

Hope to see you at the track!

Dave Taddeo
    Participant

Not yet. I just got my Cayman and have only driven it for the test drive. I’ll watch, attend, and learn this year. We’ll see how comfortable I feel before I actually get out on the track with others (I don’t want to be a safety hazard).
    I’ll be there! Either watching or driving.

Brian Sullivan
    Participant

PCA starts you slowly, There are two instructor in the car groups (green beginners and yellow advanced) so you wouldn’t be a hazard to yourself or others – you would be on track with others of similar capability (and with an experienced instructor).

Wild Weasel
    Participant

I highly recommend signing up for the July weekend and including the Friday DDT option.

My first track weekend after doing my IDS was on the DDT and it was a great experience. The track is awesome for beginners and it would be a shame to miss this opportunity.

I think the one I did was actually the last one they ran there. They don’t run them very often.

Brian Sullivan
    Participant

You get one event allowed without needing an installed fire extinguisher and I think you can rent a helmet from Braidan at the track if you prearrange it. I also would encourage you to sign up for another event (other than the IDS).

Dave Taddeo
    Participant

Good things to know. Thanks! I appreciate the info from experience.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.