In Memory of Horst Petermann

Club News Forums General Forum In Memory of Horst Petermann

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Wallace Bradley
    Participant

With a heavy heart I am sorry to post that UCR lost Instructor Horst Petermann just before Christmas.
    A private graveside service will be held Thursday December 29, 2016.
    Condolences to Marie.

Tom Tutsch
    Participant

Very sad news. He was one of the good guys.

jack webb
    Participant

Very sorry to learn of Horst’s passing. He was a great guy and I’ll miss him. Sincerest condolences to Marie.

Godspeed my friend…

Jack Webb

John Adam
    Participant

We are saddened by the loss of a good friend.

andy wright
    Participant

Horst was a true Gentleman, both on and off the track.
    I am so sorry to hear of his passing. He will be missed.
    My condolences to Marie and their family.

Bill Newby
    Participant

Surprised and Saddened. It was a privilege to have met him. Marie, I am so sorry for your loss, shared by all of us.

Laurel Ward
    Participant

So sorry to hear this news. May Horst Rest in Peace. Condolences to Marie.

beutler
    Participant

Rest in Peace my friend, you will be missed by us all. If there is a heaven, there surely will be Porsches. Sincere condolences to Marie.

Attachments:
    DaveOsborne
    Participant

In Honor of Horst’s years of volunteer Instruction, friendship and exemplary character, the Track Team will be naming Horst Petermann as our 2016 Instructor of the Year. Horst has always set an example for us to live up to. He will be missed by us all.

Dave Osborne
    UCR Track Chairman

jesteves
    Participant

I was very saddened to hear of the passing of Horst. I joined UCR in 2015 where I was introduced to Horst. He quickly became a mentor to me but more importantly, he became a friend. He will be missed. Rest in peace Horst.

Brian Borison
    Participant

I’m saddened hearing about the passing of Horst. My condolences to Marie.
    He will be missed.

Kelly Stapleton
    Participant

My sincere condolences to Marie. I always enjoyed my conversations with Horst at he track where he always had something interesting to say. He will be missed but remembered with fondness.

I’m also saddened to hear about Horst. I didn’t know him very well but he was always most pleasant at the DE weekends. I was always so proud to be able to tell people that I’d been on the track with a fellow instructor who’d actually raced Porsche prototypes at Daytona in the ’60s.

Dave Osborne, bravo!. Great idea.

I’m not totally sure. Maybe someone can confirm this for me but I think this was Horst’s car back in the day. It’s always been one of my favourite vintage Porsche images. It was really the girl that caught my eye. I think I’d looked at the shot a hundred times before I noticed the Canadian flag on the hood !

Andreas T.

andy wright
    Participant

That could well be Horst’s car. He drove both 906 and 908 Porsche’s in the Can-Am series in the late sixties and early seventies.

beutler
    Participant

Some pictures of Horst racing at Watkins Glen in 1970 and at Mosport.
    Gary Beutler

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.