In Memory of Horst Petermann

Club News Forums General Forum In Memory of Horst Petermann

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Wayne Spiegelberg
    Participant

To a gentleman and instant friend from the first time we met, Rest in Peace !
    My heart felt condolences to Marie.
    I will miss you, we will all miss you Horst.

– Wayne

jensenk
    Participant

Very sad news! I will miss my good conversations with Horst at the track and socials. My condolences to Marie and family.

Phil Downe
    Participant

I was truly saddened to hear of Horst’s passing. He and Marie were always among the first people I sought out on DE weekends to re-connect and catch up with. He will be missed. My deepest condolences to Marie and the family for your loss.

arthur quinlan
    Participant

Condolences to Marie from Greg, Charlene, Alana, Scott and myself. I always sought out Horst at the track to hear about the Can Am days, and also to get driving and racing advice. He was a true gentleman and a most knowledgeable instructor.
    We will miss him very much.

Arthur Quinlan

Kathleen Wong
    Participant

I am so sorry to hear the sad news. I met Horst when he was a Board Director in 2013. Horst had been a great supporter of our DE program and socials. Horst had made many friends during the past decade at UCR and he will be missed by many.

Marie, may the sorrow that you are feeling now eventually give way, as cherished memories give you the strength to face each day.

mario.marrello
    Participant

I’m deeply saddened of this news. I will always remember Horst and his ability to provide leadership and guidance to me during our time on the board. My sincere condolences to Marie. Rest in peace Horst.

Mario

Anonymous

I’m very saddened hear about Horst. I first met Horst and Marie last May at the WGI Zone 1 DE. I was honored to be assigned an instructor with so much experience. His knowledge and approach to instructing was second to none. His stories and jokes were great! I last spoke to him in October and enjoyed every minute of our conversation.

Rest in peace Horst. You will be greatly missed. Our thoughts and prayers are with you Marie.

JRANiagara

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by jensenk.
    Phil Downe
    Participant

Please, does anyone know of the public service? We all want to respect Marie’s privacy and pay respects to Horst but of course we will go with her wishes. Where can we go to pay our respects tomorrow?

jensenk
    Participant

Phil, I just sent out an eBlast concerning Horst but no details were included. Ken

Danny
    Participant

I am very sorry to hear of this sad news. I always enjoyed seeing Horst and Marie at the track. Horst was a really great guy who will be truly missed. I always enjoyed hearing his perspective on many topics between sessions. I enjoyed being on track with him and his silver and orange turbo. My condolences to Marie. RIP Horst.

PG
    Participant

Very sad day. Horst was my first DE instructor and friend over the years. Both he and Marie drove a 997 Turbo, like me, and they shared their love of the car. I remember when I told him back in 2012 I was going to Watkins Glen for my first time. He then proceeded to tell me in amazing detail about the track, every corner, with a few stories of his experiences there. A great man.

neil dowdell
    Participant

On Tuesday January 10th; at the Islington Golf and Country Club Social we are hosting a memorial to Horst. Your all invited to attend and speak of your memories of Horst.
    Go to Clubreg. to log in.

AnitaMEdger
    Participant

I am Anita, Horst’s daughter. On behalf of my brother and our families we are so touched to hear all the beautiful condolence messages.

We heard many stories over the years about Dad’s life with the club and at the track. It was a very important part of his life and it truly made his retirement years everything he wished for and loved.

It was wonderful meeting many of you at the Service and learning how our Dad touched your lives. Perhaps one day we will see you at the tract as well. Until then we will struggle through this painful loss together until we can share the memories together. Please remember our Dad the next time you are at the track and Iam sure he will be there with you. God Bless.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.