New DE back number requirement

Club News Forums General Forum New DE back number requirement

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Brian Sullivan
    Participant

I notice Dave has announced (see Track Talk January Provinz) that a new DE requirement will be to have 4″ car numbers visible at the back of the car (in addition to the 6″ numbers on both sides) will be introduced this year (apparently to allow drivers in car to identify others).

I have started to research the best way to do this. I see two possible alternatives (at least for my car … a 987 Boxster):

1) a number plate affixed over or instead of the rear license plate
    2) a vinyl number attached to the rear window

There are a number of online suppliers that will make a custom license plate (in plastic or even aluminum) in the $20 to $30 range that would satisfy the requirement. The problem being finding a method that is not a PITA to affix and remove (especially for those of us who drive to and from the track two or three times a weekend).

I am not sure a vinyl window number would work on my car given the angle of the rear window (and my wish not obscure my rear view on track).

Anybody have any other ideas either for where and how to place numbers so they are visible or an easy way to add or remove a custom license plate?

Brian Sullivan
    Participant

I found these:
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00I90VR2I/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1E9SA3NK9WU6R&psc=1

Might ease the pain of affixing and removing.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Brian Sullivan. Reason: Add picture
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.