New DE rule for HANS?

Welcome Forums General Forum New DE rule for HANS?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by drae drae 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    drae
    drae
    Participant

Under what situations do we need a HANS device? I don’t recall the specifics when we went over it during the driver’s meeting at the September DE weekend. I couldn’t find anything about it under the documentation on this site either.

Adam Holland
    Participant

For the 2019 season the use of harnesses will also require the driver and instructor (if in the car) to be wearing a Hans device.

“A popular modification made to track cars is the addition of a multi-point harness system. Starting January 1, 2019, the DE Minimum Standards will be expanded to state that if a driver uses a harness system, he or she will ALSO be required to utilize a head and neck restraint system, commonly referred to as a HANS device.

A head and neck restraint device is an integral part of the harness system. Because the rule of equal restraint always applies, if a driver uses a harness system there must also be a harness system available and used by the passenger. Thus, both the driver and passenger will be required to use a HANS device.”

If the car is equipped with harnesses the driver will be responsible for supplying and wearing their own personal Hans device.

The track committee is currently reviewing the process by which we will supply instructors with Hans devices or have Hans devices on hand for instructors to use in harness equipped cars.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by  Adam Holland.

Adam Holland
    Participant

Sorry I worded that last paragraph wrong. By “supply instructors” I mean “assign”.

Some instructors already own Hans devices.

drae
    drae
    Participant

Thanks Adam!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.