New DE Tech Form for 2018

Welcome Forums General Forum New DE Tech Form for 2018

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Wild Weasel Wild Weasel 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Wild Weasel
    Wild Weasel
    Participant

Hey guys!

We noticed the new tech forms now explicitly approve the factory fire extinguishers. I just wanted to say thanks for this. It’s been an annoying discrepancy and it’s nice to see the update.

Have there been any other changes to DE that we should know about?

Brian Sullivan
    Brian Sullivan
    Participant

If I recall the provision for factory extinguishers was there last year as well?

I notice the numbers 6 inches or bigger is being emphasized (not sure if that was so prominent in previous years).

andy wright
    andy wright
    Participant

Hopefully everybody clicked on the link near the top of the Welcome page to read about the new PCA-DE regulation regarding Automatic Braking Systems.

Wild Weasel
    Wild Weasel
    Participant

tl;dr: Blah blah blah All Porsche’s are Fine blah blah… πŸ™‚

andy wright
    andy wright
    Participant

“All Porsche’s are Fine”
    Yes, for now….. πŸ™

Brian Sullivan
    Brian Sullivan
    Participant

Andy — it might be useful to provide link to that info in the DE section as well– not sure exactly where(I normally don’t ever go to the Welcome page and I am guessing others are the same).

Not that it affects me — like many of us I am unlikely to own a Porsche that new. πŸ˜‰

andy wright
    andy wright
    Participant

Hi Brian, the link is already there under the Program Guidelines section: http://pcaucr.org/driving/driver-education/

I agree the issue doesn’t affect many of our DE participants, but I suspect as time goes on there will be more newer cars and at some point these collision avoidance systems will become standard with possibly no way of fully defeating them. That is already the case with some performance brands like BMW. We also have to allow for the small group of people who bring other than Porsche’s to our DE events.

And tut-tut for not checking the Welcome page. How else would you know about the “upcoming” Elections and Meeting on November 14th 2017 !! πŸ™‚

Brian Sullivan
    Brian Sullivan
    Participant

I guess I didn’t look there (in addition to not looking at the Welcome page πŸ˜‰ )

Wild Weasel
    Wild Weasel
    Participant

Now we just need them to implement auto-accelerate and auto-point-by-and-stay-out-of-the-way. πŸ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.