new member's 1988 944s

Club News Forums 914/924/928/944/968 Forum new member's 1988 944s

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JP Chevrier
    Participant

Hi, I’m new (this week) to the PCAUCR and have a 1988 944s (metallic grey with a burgundy interior) I’m sure this group has a litany of experience I would love to draw upon. My immediate concern/need is to find a good shop or mechanic with 944 experience to help with some needed repairs/work. Before putting away in early December I sprang a minor coolant leak as an example but also have no working air conditioning (I know the condenser is shot), and my clutch and throw-out bearing are not the best. I have a good budget for the repairs but don’t want to just pick a shop at random and take my chances and I probably can’t afford a major Porsche dealer. If there is an approved or even recommended list anywhere in the GTA etc. that would be a great place to start. ( I have since read the posts to the forum and see that Roger had started through this process.) That short list is now aged so if there is anything else to add from any member that would be appreciated. The other facet of this is I’m the sixth owner and some of you members might have run across this car in the past and be able to shed some light on its history. I’ve compiled a service history and yes, he’s been around the block but even then he’s still kicking. I truly want to preserve this fine little car and use it to participate in club events like rally’s and driver skill sessions this summer. I live in central Etobicoke and would love to talk direct or visit with similar owners to pontificate about our cars and experiences. (yes retired and bored) Again, thanks for any assistance you all might be able to offer. Look forward to hearing from any or all.
    VIN#: WP0AA0948JN450166
    mileage 224,000km

rogerstopford
    Participant

Hi JP and welcome to PCAUCR. I will send an email to the 944/968 SIG to highlight your post here. Thanks for posting. You asked about recommendations for service shops, and I know you are in Etobicoke. Let’s see what people post. I am out in Georgetown and I am not familiar with shops in your area. I used to work in Etobicoke and I used to take my 968 to Refined Motorsports/Henry Costa, who used to be local in Etobicoke but moved to North York. I have used Euroselect (Caledon) and Autoselect (Newmarket). Auguste Automotive (St. Catherines) is another popular shop. Do you have the electronic workshop manual? The rennlist forums are popular for tech help.
    Roger

rogerstopford
    Participant

Service shops that 944/968 owners have recommended:
    Autoselect (Newmarket)
    Eurotune (Caledon)
    Refined Motorsports (North York)
    Mantis (Oakville)
    Lloyds Autosport (Mississauga)
    RSP Motorsport (London)
    Response Engineering (Port Perry)
    E U Autowerks (Vaughan)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.