Richard Bain Passes

Club News Forums General Forum Richard Bain Passes

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    pcaucr
    Keymaster

I am advised that our former director, Richard Bain, passed away this morning, Saturday, August 4. No further information is available at this time. May he rest in peace.

pcaucr
    Keymaster
    OttoM
    Posted:04-Aug-2012

I saw Richard last at this spring’s DFC Social. He looked great, but intimated that he didn’t have long, and that he had bought a BMW motorcycle to celebrate. He went out living life fully.

Many thought of Richard as controversial, but in the time I knew him, he always stood up for for what he thought was right and the common good, not for personal gain.

He was one of the few at the UCR Board who I knew I could count on.

I have a tear in my eye as I write this.

pcaucr
    Keymaster
    neil dowdell

at the club race richard had his portable oxygen tank and said he wasn’t feeling good and was going home. two weeks ago i asked him how he was and he said not good but not to say anything to anyone. i abided by his request. yes he could be controversial but overall he was a good person. fun loving and with a rapier wit !
    god speed richard !

pcaucr
    Keymaster
    John Adam

According to an Internet obit I just located, Harriet’s mother, Molly WOHL died July 26, and they were Sitting Shiva at Richard’s house. It never rains . . .

pcaucr
    Keymaster
    Laurel Ward

I feel so very sad to hear of Richard’s passing. He was a great coach and friend and a darn great guy. The people in UCR were a very important and passionate part of his life. He was there for the people and the friendships. At times, he had a tough exterior, but he always had a tender and caring heart underneath. He suffers no more. May we hold onto the good memories. May he rest in peace. Tears.

pcaucr
    Keymaster
    John Adam
    Posted:05-Aug-2012

BAIN, Richard Anthony – On Saturday, August 4, 2012 in Toronto. Richard Anthony Bain devoted husband of Harriet Bain. Beloved son of Ruth and the late Alec Bain. Loving father and father-in-law of Vanessa, David and his wife Rachel Wolfson, step father of Michelle Kosoy and Pierre Bouchard, Pam Kosoy and Ken Purdy, Matthew Kosoy and Ali Yaphe. Dear brother of Karen Klawans. Doting grandfather of Celeste, Mimi, Sam, Sophie, Lily, Jamie, Emily, Joshua, Charlie, and Adam. At Holy Blossom Temple for service on Monday, August 6, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. Shiva will be held at 406 Vesta Drive. Memorial donations may be made to Canadian Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation, 905-294-7645 , or the charity of your choice.

Death Date: Saturday, August 04, 2012
    Funeral Date: Monday, August 06, 2012 Funeral Time: 11:00 AM
    Funeral Place: Holy Blossom Temple
    Cemetery: Holy Blossom Memorial Park

Shiva Address: 406 Vesta Drive, Toronto, Ontario, M5P 3A5
    Shiva Direction & Info: 2 blocks south of Eglinton, 1 block west of Spadina.
    Shiva visits daily from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. Evening services at 8:00 p.m. Shiva will conclude Sunday morning, August 12th.

pcaucr
    Keymaster
    Francois Faust

I did not know Richard much, but enough to know that he was special.

It is with sadness that I write these words. Sincerest sympathies to those who were close to him.

Francois

pcaucr
    Keymaster
    neil dowdell

please note that service is at holy blossom temple at 1950 bathurst and then burial is at holy blossom cemetary at 40 brimley rd. just up from kingston rd.
    we’ll be at both.

pcaucr
    Keymaster
    Dave Osborne
    Posted:06-Aug-2012

For the past three years Richard suffered from Pulmonary Fibrosis, a fatal progressive lung disease. He has actually been driving his motorcycle with an oxygen supply in his backpack. He had just received permission from the Track Team to install a larger and more secure supply in his GT3, so he could continue to drive with us.

You have to admire someone who won’t let a little thing like lung disease prevent him from doing what he loves. That was Richard…….what a guy.

pcaucr
    Keymaster
    Mario Marrello
    Posted:06-Aug-2012

When I heard the news about Richard passing away Saturday morning, I was devastated and deeply saddened. I could not believe it as Richard always seemed so alive.

We all know Richard as a good friend to the club and whatever he did, he always had the club’s best interest at heart. I first got to know Richard’s passion and enthusiasm for the club when I started as a director and he has since been a mentor and a trusted adviser to me.

Richard, may you rest in peace. I will miss you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.