RON BELL OBIT

Club News Forums General Forum RON BELL OBIT

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    John Adam
    Participant

BELL, Dr. Ronald – Dr. Ronald James Bell, DDS, of Oakville, Ontario passed away peacefully on Thursday, August 29, 2013 in Warkworth, Ontario. Dr. Bell is survived by longtime, beloved companion Karen Raymond, by daughter Carolyn Bell (Tyler Davidson) and step-children David Begg (Joanne) and Meredith Simpson. He took great joy in his three grandchildren, Rohan (7), Conner (7) and Benjamin (6). A gathering of family and friends will be held on Wednesday, September 4th, from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Il Fornello Restaurant at 203 North Service Rd. W. in Oakville. There will be a time for reflection at 6 p.m. Please visit http://www.glenoaks.ca for details and memorial condolences.

Laurel Ward
    Participant

Tears. I am so very sad to hear this news. Ron had the happiest smile and laugh. He had a passion and commitment for Porsche and UCR that was deeply rooted. Ron was the first person I met at my very first DE and he always made me feel comfortable and included. I shall miss all his jokes and laughs and his camp at the foot of the stairs at Mosport. Rest in Peace dear friend. Laurel

Wayne Spiegelberg
    Participant

Ron was a gentleman and a professional both on and off the track.
    I believe he lived his life like he drove his car …. his right foot flat to the floor !

I will miss you Ron, rest in peace ….. Wayne

andy wright
    Participant

Ron always brightened my day whether it was his jokes or just reading the graphics on his track cars. He contributed so much to our Club and volunteered for many events both within and outside of DriverEd. Ron will be missed by many in our Club. Rest in peace “Crusty”.

rnp911
    Participant

Ron’s, quick wit and dry sense of humour will alway’s be remembered. His true love of Porsches is unsurpassed. I had the joy of being one of Ron’s early instructors and watch his talent grow as he continued his passion within UCR. Whether he was on track or cruising around Oakville in (Hog) or (Babe),(Ron named all his Porsches after Pigs.)
    One knew he was passionate. A true longtime personal friend of Elaine & I, he will be sorely missed.

Please join us to toast this life on Wednesday.

Ray & Elaine Pleasance

Wallace Bradley
    Participant

Ron was my first DE instructor. He made me feel like I was having the best time of my life and teased me mercilessly when I messed up – Wallace, what do you call that? He was always concerned about safety… how many Marshaling Stations are there… where are they…

He worked with humour. He once said that if he quit smoking, our taxes would go up.

Who could forget Camp Crusty? Ron, you will be missed. Rest in Peace.

Wallace

Bill Newby
    Participant

So sad to hear that we have lost Ron. I think he had become part of the soul of our community. I loved his sense of humour, then learned of his caring, then of his courage. There will be a glaring vacancy at the site of Camp Crusty!

Danny
    Participant

I am saddened to read of Ron;s passing. He was my mentor when I began instructing and he had a great sense of humour and was conscious of promoting safety. He always made me smile, even just seeing him across the room. Godspeed and RIP Ron.
    Danny Kroll

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.