Welcome to the new design of PCA UCR. It's still in progress so please be patient with any errors and omissions!

Torontonian featured in Christophorus magazine

Home Forums General Forum Torontonian featured in Christophorus magazine

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I met Bill MacEachern while at a shop getting my car serviced. He was having some work done on his one-of-a-kind 1976 911 Turbo in preparation for a drive to Monterey, California .

The car has 1.2 million km on it! I saw the odometer with my own eyes. I later discovered that the car was featured in the official Porsche magazine. Bill is a cool guy, very knowledgeable about Porsches and car racing. I am always impressed with people that use their performance cars for what they are built for – driving! His car is probably worth a fortune today but he still drives it across the continent to attend a vintage
    car event!

They didn’t mention in the magazine that the car has been upgraded with a 3.3L engine (original was a 2.9L) and an intercooler, helping boost the power to 600+HP at the wheels 🙂

https://www.porsche.com/usa/aboutporsche/christophorusmagazine/archive/382/articleoverview/article04/

Participant

Great article by none other than Burt Levy of ‘Last Open Road’ fame.
    I have met Bill and seen his 930 and it is in incredible condition considering its mileage. This car is certainly the opposite of a pampered garage queen and Bill still drives it enthusiastically!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.