Torontonian featured in Christophorus magazine

Welcome Forums General Forum Torontonian featured in Christophorus magazine

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by andy wright andy wright 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    olegd
    olegd
    Participant

I met Bill MacEachern while at a shop getting my car serviced. He was having some work done on his one-of-a-kind 1976 911 Turbo in preparation for a drive to Monterey, California .

The car has 1.2 million km on it! I saw the odometer with my own eyes. I later discovered that the car was featured in the official Porsche magazine. Bill is a cool guy, very knowledgeable about Porsches and car racing. I am always impressed with people that use their performance cars for what they are built for – driving! His car is probably worth a fortune today but he still drives it across the continent to attend a vintage
    car event!

They didn’t mention in the magazine that the car has been upgraded with a 3.3L engine (original was a 2.9L) and an intercooler, helping boost the power to 600+HP at the wheels 🙂

https://www.porsche.com/usa/aboutporsche/christophorusmagazine/archive/382/articleoverview/article04/

andy wright
    andy wright
    Participant

Great article by none other than Burt Levy of ‘Last Open Road’ fame.
    I have met Bill and seen his 930 and it is in incredible condition considering its mileage. This car is certainly the opposite of a pampered garage queen and Bill still drives it enthusiastically!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.