Track side Tire Management

Welcome Forums Tech Forum Track side Tire Management

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mikelemmon 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mikelemmon
    Participant

Hey There:
    I wanted to get input on how best to manage my tires at the track.

Could someone share their race / track day tire management process that they have had good luck with?

I have just ordered a memory tire pyrometer, so I’m looking to use Tire Pressures and Temperatures to maximize for tire life and grip.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Mike Lemmon
    [email protected]
    289 260 8525

DaveOsborne
    Participant

Hi Mike,

Obviously keeping a constant check on tire pressure is good for them and good for even grip. The manufacturer of a competition tire will do endless testing to determine the best all round hot pressure range. Your tire dealer should be able to help you with that information.

At all of our events we have Brad Shimbashi at Braidan Tire in residence and I’m sure he’d be happy to give you guidance. You can contact Brad off season at his cell number, which you will find on the back page of Provinz Magazine.

Have fun!

mikelemmon
    Participant

Hey Dave:
    Thanks for the response, I will follow up with Brad.

Thanks again…hope you are having a great off season .. I can’t wait to be back .. On Track

Kathleen Wong
    Participant

Hi Mike,

Braidan Tire is hosting a UCR Tech Session at its Markham store on Saturday March 24 @11am-2pm. I know quite a few members, who have registered for the event, are interested in track side tire management.

Braidan Tire will host a pasta lunch during the tech session. Please check out the details below if you are interested. Advance registration is required at http://www.clubregistration.net

TECH SESSION AT BRAIDAN TIRE

Kathleen Wong
    President
    Porsche Club of America – Upper Canada Region

mikelemmon
    Participant

Hey Kathleen:
    Thanks, I’m already registered for the session at Braiden Tire, spoke with Marcello at the car show and look forward to their support for the upcoming track season.

Thanks again.
    Mike

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.