UCR Events Calendar

Club News Forums General Forum UCR Events Calendar

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Brian Sullivan
    Participant

I thought there was a downloadable events calendar available in the new visual look on the website. I downloaded the Google Calendar version of it — but it seems to have disappeared (from both my calendars and any link that I can find on the website).

Seemed like a useful feature to me.

Why did it disappear?

Dixon
    Keymaster

Hi Brian! Thanks for informing me the events calendar does NOT have an export feature. I have started to test a different one with the ability to download as ICS or iCal but not looking forward to migrating the old calendar.

Brian Sullivan
    Participant

But the feature was there (at least for a short time) — and went away. I am not sure what all the possible download options were but Google Calendar was certainly one of them (there were a couple of others as well). The Google Calendar one seem to work correctly – it moved all the listed events to my calendar.

What you are saying is that you removed it until you can get a in iCal download option?

Dixon
    Keymaster

I have dug a little further. The option to export is available off the calendar that is viewable off every page (bottom right). When you view the calendar from https://pcaucr.org/calendar/ it isn’t possible.

Brian Sullivan
    Participant

OK — I see it — via the “Add ” link? I did that yesterday (I guess that is how I added it) and it added it to my Google calendar list but then overnight it disappeared.

I’ve added it again –will check to see if it sticks this time and get back if it disappears again.

Dixon
    Keymaster

I did move things around over the weekend so maybe I deleted the calendar that you were following (moved from bottom left to bottom right of the site)

Brian Sullivan
    Participant

The beauty of external Google calendars is that you don’t really download them — just a link to a calendar so if the linked location changes your calendar does to (so new dates, times, events get passed along). I have a number of external calendars that I use(and have created a few – including a very detailed minute by minute one for UCR DE weekends).

I am not sure if the calendar that comes out of the WordPress link will update if you change things in the calendar that you have created.

Dixon
    Keymaster

Keep me posted if all is good today. I personally use the Apple calendar and already have too much for my personal and work stuff to start adding more events. I want less things not more.

Brian Sullivan
    Participant

So all is good — the problem I was having turns out to be operator (read my stupidity) problem – nothing do with the website or calendar download. I didn’t select the sync calendar option on my phone (and because I have a few calendars this one was not appearing on the immediate list of calendars so I thought it had disappeared).

Sorry for the confusion. Everything seems to be operating the way it should.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.