Where to Find Helmets

Club News Forums General Forum Where to Find Helmets

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Larry Funnell
    Participant

I have a motorcycle helmet (#5 I believe) but do not know where to find a Snell 2015 helmet, ideally an SA rating. Any suggestions? And are most people running open or full faced helmet’s in their cars?

Thanks in advance.

Larry

John Adam
    Participant

Both open face and closed face helmets are acceptable.

Any of the motorcycle shops sell Snell-rated helmets and can order an SA or M rate helmet as can some of our tech centres. BOTH Snall M 2015 and Snell SA 2015 are acceptable. The debate around the difference in specifications has been raging forever.

Don’t buy any helmet without a try-on for fit and comfort. For that reason alone, I would not buy online.

Brian Sullivan
    Participant

My research suggested that an open face helmet was a better choice in a car with working air bags.

UK based commenters indicated that most tracks in the UK demanded a closed face helmet for “open cars”. Whether a Boxster is an “open car” or not wasn’t totally clear. Anyway I went with an open face one (my car is a Boxster and I don’t think I will be in the UK with the helmet and my car).

I did buy my helmet online (and it fit the way I wanted) but I can see where trying on first is a good strategy.

Brian Borison
    Participant

I bought my helmet this year at Performance Improvements on Advance Rd. in Etobicoke. They had SA 2015 in full and open face hekmets.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.