Winter wheels/tires

Club News Forums General Forum Winter wheels/tires

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lucasw
    Participant

I have a new C4S and want to install winter wheels/tires. Any advice on whether i should install 19 inch or 20 inch rims (with pros and cons), and if available, what tires should I be looking for? Also, any advice on “after market” rims versus Porsche techquipment? thanks. Bill

Wild Weasel
    Participant

Here’s my opinion, for what it’s worth.

I think you should get the smallest rims available (will 18’s fit?) and go with cheap but quality aftermarket wheels.

It’s the same reason most people run steelies on their daily’s for the winter. It doesn’t really matter what it looks like. Winter wheels are going to take a bunch of punishment. They’re gonna deal with the sand and salt and what not on the roads and you’re far more likely to hit a nasty pothole or rub them against a curb or something. The extra sidewall on the tires will protect both the rims and suspension components and using smaller wheels will usually mean the tires will cost less as well.

You might not like the look… but hey… you’ll be that much happier when spring comes and you can get the nice stuff back on.

lucasw
    Participant

Great advice, thanks.
    Any thoughts / preferences on the after-market wheels?

Wild Weasel
    Participant

I can’t really help here as I haven’t been in the market for aftermarket wheels in a long time. I’d suggest shopping around to find something you like and then doing a bit of Googling before you buy to get a sense of the reputation of a brand.

John Adam
    Participant

Megawheelz on the Queensway in Mississauga import rims and offer a range of tires. Talk to Wayne Pitman and use my name if you like. 905 279 9292.

If you are an east ender, I would go to Braidan, a club supporter.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.