Taking a shine to Claude Sevigny
Story by John Adam
All Pictures by Karen and Mario Marrello, click on the image for a full screen view
Claude Sevigny is a Canadian treasure and a global expert in protecting and preserving the finish on your favourite toy. He works as a technical expert for Meguiar’s and has had employment postings all over the world. To have ready access to his level of expertise is a fabulous opportunity. Though Sevigny had a prepared presentation, backed by video, he preferred to answer a myriad of questions. He needed no notes when dealing with:
• Why does Meguiar’s make so many products?
• What is the best wax to protect my new car?
• How do I remove small scratches and swirl marks?
• What do I need to do to clean/prep my paint before waxing?
• What kind of towel should I be using to remove polishes and waxes?
•Is liquid, paste or spray wax best?
• How do I remove water spots?
• How do you restore dull headlights?
• What should I use to clean my wheels?
• What do I use on the black trim of my car?
• How often should I wax my car?
As they say, “If you missed it, you missed it.” Members at the social enjoyed prodigious quantities of free samples and Meguiar’s goodie bags at the end of the evening.