Text and Photos by Eshel Zweig
• Full weight reduction including removal of interior carpets, liners, and sound deadening
• RSS control arms, dog bones, and toe links
• Hoosier R6 Tires
• Europipe Race Exhaust
• Brey Krause Harness bar
• Scroth Harness
• Guard Limited Slip Differential
• California Motorsports Billet side cover
• 4.00 Ring and pinion
• Full EU Autowerks alignment and ride height adjustment by Courtney Walsh
Specs from Porsche Press website:
At very first sight the new 911 GT3 RS clearly demonstrates its close connection with motorsport. This is borne out in particular by the car’s low suspension, central bolts on the wheels, the large rear wing made of carbon-fibre and with aluminium supports on each side, the purposebuilt front and rear sections as well as the dual tailpipe in the middle made of top-quality titanium on the new 911 GT3 RS, just like the entire rear muffler.
Key data: 3.8-litre six-cylinder horizontally-opposed power unit delivering 450 bhp (331 kW); six-speed manual gearbox; acceleration from 0 – 100 km/h in 4.0 seconds; top speed 310 km/h (192 mph); DIN unladen weight 1,370 kg (3,021 lb); NEDC driving cycle fuel consumption 13.2 ltr/100 km (equal to 21.4 mpg imp).
This car has been driven at Toronto Motorsports Park, Shannonville, Calabogie, and Le Circuit Mt Tremblant